Beloved readers, I am in Spain right now! I left on Thanksgiving Day to travel across the ocean with my mother on a grand five-ish-day adventure.
You may recall that my mom had initially planned to check a bag for this less-than-a-week vacation (we’ll be back on Wednesday), to my extreme befuddlement. I am pleased to announce that I rose to the challenge of traveling with only a carry-on, and since I like to write about what people pack, I decided to show you all what went in my suitcase. Er, backpack.
- To wear on the plane: Jeans, black tank, purple sweater, purple scarf.
- Grey Cozy sweater and silver bangle
- Brown button down
- Black v-neck tee
- Grey tank
- Socks (6 pairs)
- Underthings (6 pairs)
- Laptop and charger
- Kindle and charger
- iPhone (not pictured, as it was taking this photograph) and charger
- International phone (not pictured, as it is currently in my sister’s possession) and charger
- Journal/notebook and pen (in case I want to write or do work with written words instead of on my computer)
- Camera (not pictured, because I forgot it for the picture) and probably some batteries
- Water bottle (not pictured, because it’s in my car)
You know you’re living simply when that list looks like too much. However, I would use all that stuff if I was staying at home for five days, so I really shouldn’t worry too much. Though I don’t read on the Kindle often… but that plane is going to get boring. I also plan to pack some snacks.
You may have noticed that I did not pack toothpaste or shampoo. I plan on buying a box of baking soda when I arrive in Spain, problem solved on both counts. If I had experience using it as deodorant I’d do that too but I don’t want to try that out without backup deodorant. I also didn’t pack a hair brush, because I am planning on borrowing a comb from my mom for the trip, which will be less cumbersome than my bulky hairbrush.