My apologies for disappearing for a while. I am recovering from the joy that is adrenal fatigue! Basically I allowed my body to get so stressed that she is now in a state of constant stress and fatigue, and I’m tired all the time if I don’t sleep enough and take good care of myself. I am once again a work in progress 🙂
Here’s a recap of my recent minimalist goings-on:
- I have been trying to keep my grocery budget to $50 per week. The very act of paying attention has resulted in me being close enough for the two weeks I’ve been trying it. However, I didn’t have a lunch prepared for today so I wound up spending $10 at the store this morning for breakfast and lunch to eat at work.
- I paid off a student loan, as described in my last post! I will be updating Loan #2 to take on the additional “snowball” payments. I still anticipate that I can be debt-free in ten years.
Purging and Stuff
- I STILL have not gotten rid of the stuff from the Reverse 100 Things Challenge. It’s hard because I have a deeply ingrained yard sale instinct. I definitely want it out of my apartment, though, because it’s driving me mad. So it will either go to Yard Sale Limbo in my mother’s basement or be donated.
- Spring cleaning time is upon us. I anticipate a huge purge to take place in the coming weeks! Stay tuned 🙂
Health and Wellness
- Despite joining a gym and paying for it every month, I have been choosing to exercise by walking my boss’s dog in the park or around town. I am determined to start using the gym membership I pay for, however, because otherwise I will just kick myself for spending the money. But walking Brutus is very rewarding and fun, and my boss appreciates that I take him out when she can’t!
- I have been gluten free for a couple of months now and I believe I am improving. I have much less joint pain than before, and I haven’t had tummy trouble like I was noticing after a wheat-heavy meal. Being gluten free is hard at first but easy once you realize that it’s as simple as eating and preparing whole foods.
- Depression and adrenal fatigue are fighting to win the “least motivating force within Caitlin” award lately. I am trying to counteract with sunshine, lots of sleep, and adequate nutrition. Mostly I am treating with Doctor Who marathons. Not super effective, but I do think with a British voice in my head now. Sometimes it’s Sco’ish.
- I got skin biopsies done yesterday for possible melanomas. Expect a post on sunscreen coming up!
- I’ve discovered a new way to gauge whether or not I should spend my money on something. Would I buy it for my sister? For example, I have started seeing a chiropractor. We worked out a payment plan of $80 per month, and it seemed like a lot of money. But, I wondered, if my sister could potentially improve her health with chiropractic care and I could help her afford to do that, would I pay $80 a month? And the answer was yes. So now I see the chiropractor. This is not a fool proof method, since I also frequently treat my sister to lunch, dinner, and random presents – but for big stuff, it works.
What have YOU been up to lately? I can’t wait to catch up on reading everyone’s blogs!